Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

question regarding late fees on unpaid commission California California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    California allows you to collect up to 30 days of "waiting time penalties" from your employer if it did not pay you the full amount of wages (including earned commissions, bonuses, vacation pay, etc) at the time of your discharge or termination. You can read more about the law here

    Leave a comment:

  • question regarding late fees on unpaid commission California California

    I left a job in January, they issued my last check but left out commission, I requested it in writing via certified mail , called once & came in once. I went to the labor board, they ignored the first request & when i signed & wanted a hearing & reqeusted the 63.00 per day for no more than 30 days box they finally responded , not to the labor board but to me with my commission check , a letter stating they never recieved my request for payment or the labor boards letters & $200. extra for good faith if I dont go to the hearing. And that if I continue forward with the hearing they will "strongly" argue that I dont deserve any of the penalty fees. My question is.. Are late fees applicable for non paid commission? or was that set up for another purpose. Is that penalty fee per day only for non paid wages for hourly wages? Id like to just walk away from this but I know for a fact they do this to everyone in hopes youll drop it but feels its the principle at this point . It took them 4 months to pay me. And theyve been just verbally abusive & bully everyone.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.