This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania company

I work for an exhaust cleaning company in Pennsylvania, when I was hired I was not told that I would have to travel out of town for a week. I have been working for this company for 2 years and in the past I have gone out of town. Some things have come up and I don't want to go out of town anymore. I told my boss that I would not go out anymore and he told me he will see what he can do. I am up on the out of town list to go out on May 6. I have told my boss that I will not go out of town. Can I be fired for refusing to go out? There is two other crews that do the same job I do but do not have to go out of town because the owner has decided they don't need to go out.

Also my company pays us commision for the jobs that we do but do not show us bills for the jobs that we do and tell us that we just have to trust that they are charging what they say they are charging. Isn't this illegal shouldn't they have to prove that they are not cheating us out of our money. I asked my boss this and he yelled at me and said don't worry about it.

Originally posted by sketterman View Post
    Can I be fired for refusing to go out? There is two other crews that do the same job I do but do not have to go out of town because the owner has decided they don't need to go out.
    Yes, if the boss wants you to do something and you refuse, you can be fired. The availability of other folks to do the job is not relevant.

Originally posted by sketterman View Post
    Also my company pays us commision for the jobs that we do but do not show us bills for the jobs that we do and tell us that we just have to trust that they are charging what they say they are charging. Isn't this illegal shouldn't they have to prove that they are not cheating us out of our money. I asked my boss this and he yelled at me and said don't worry about it.
    Employees getting a commission should have some reasaonable idea how their commission is based, but I have never seen any laws requiring that. My commissioned employees are paid on gross profit (not sales) and are given a breakdown of how the gross profit is calculated, but there is no law requiring me to do that. It simply makes sense so they feel they are being paid correctly.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X