This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I able to seek Commission payout? Washington

I quit my job two weeks ago because I was offered a better position. I was a Senior Accout Executive and a top salesman for the company, working there about a year and a half. My quite date was March 8th or so, and I did not give them a two weeks notice due to the fact that they tend to ask people to leave then and there when they are notified the employee is leaving/quitting. I was owed about $2,200 from February's commission which they pay on the 21st of the following month, although we are also payed on the 6th of the month for our hours worked/salary. WHen I came in to pick up my paychecks on the 21st, I only received my paycheck for the hours I worked. When I asked them about this, they claimed that when I signed the new commission form on the 11th of Jan., it states that you have to be employed AT THE TIME you are payed commission in order to receive your commission check. Is this legel? It seems so unfair, especially since they hold our commission checks until the 2nd pay date of the following month (21st0 not the first (the 6th).

Originally posted by HeatherHH View Post
    you have to be employed AT THE TIME you are payed commission in order to receive your commission check. Is this legel?
    In most states, yes. I took a hit of several thousand dollars in commissions in a similar situation, complained to the Dept of Labor and lost.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X