This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meeting pay California

I am in commission sales at a retail location. I am paid a base ( below minimum wage ) plus commission. Monthly, I am required to attend sales and training meetings outside of store hours at locations other than the store where I work. Currently, my employer pays only the base ammount for attendance at these meetings. Given that I have no opportunity to earn commission at these meetings, I would think that minimum wage should be paid for attending these meetings. Also, from a previous employer, I was paid travel time to and from the same type of meetings based on a ruling from the State Labor Board. In the previous case, I was paid on an hourly basis. How, if at all, would the commission pay come into play here?

Are you making at least the equivalent of MW when you add in your commissions earned?
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

as far as I know, you have to get paid at least a minimum wage for the hours you work and commission is just commission, it's something you earn extra in addition to your base pay. Unless you're an outside person that travels more than 50% of the time, you have to get the hourly base pay, at least the minimum wage.

Comment

MW is normally calculated on a work week basis however. Each individual hour does not have to exceed MW.
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Meeting pay California

Where would I find a refference to wages applying to the weekly hours worked? All I've been able to locate is the minimum wage per hour.

Thanks

Comment

http://www.dol.gov/dol/allcfr/ESA/Ti...29CFR776.4.htm

"Accordingly, the total number of hours which he works during the workweek at both types of work must be compensated for in accordance with the minimum wage and overtime pay provisions of the Act."
            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
            Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X