X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBBG
    replied
    Thanks Guys! The only thing that has me down is now I have to be what I consider an unpaid nanny on occasion while trying to answer phones and work on insurance applications...man I can't believe they can legally get away with that, but you guys know better than me.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/03...1/s231.36.html

ยง 231.36. Statement to employee.
    Every employer shall furnish to each employee a statement with every payment of wages, listing hours worked, rates paid, gross wages, allowances, if any, claimed as part of the minimum wage, deductions and net wages.

Leave a comment:

• bears00
    replied
    I don't believe that PA is one of the states that requires an itemized paycheck. Patty will be along quickly to correct me, if I am wrong.

However, it is an extremely poor idea not to itemize.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    They can ask you to take on any duties they wish as long as they don't ask you to do anything illegal or unsafe by OSHA standards.

I'll let one of the payroll people address the other question.

Leave a comment:

• IBBG
    started a topic PA-Asked to do other work than what hired for

PA-Asked to do other work than what hired for

Hi,

I was employed by a small insurance agency ( 6 employees), my employer also owns a pizza business. Besides the insurance work that I was hired for ( secretarial) he has me making kits and doing business forms for his pizza business.......and just the other day the brokerage manager brought his baby to work as his wife was called into her work and we were expected to watch her!!! This can't be legal............can it???!!!!

Also my paycheck doesn't show the exact breakdown of my pay........I know I get roughly in the $8.00 range but I don't know exactly what I get an hour. Are they required to provide the breakdown?
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X