Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any OSHA regulatations probiting use of heavy equipment when on pain medication?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any OSHA regulatations probiting use of heavy equipment when on pain medication?

It doesn't have to be an OSHA reg. Just any law/reg banning the use of potent pain killers while operating heavy machinery.

Thanks in advance!

Common sense as well as the warnings on the medication is enough for me.

Comment

The only regs I know that ban you from any activity while on certain medications pertain to safety sensitive positions such as commercial driving, airline piolot, etc. The rest is common sense.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

And I would say that something to this effect should be stated in your safety/drug policies. If you don't already have it in your handbook, put it in now!

Comment

I am not aware of a specific OSHA regulation, and it would surprise me if anyone could cite one.

The "common sense" that Elle is referring to has a name. It's called the OSHA General Duty clause, and in a nutshell, an employer has the duty to provide an employee with a workplace that is free from recognized hazards.

http://www.osha.gov/pls/oshaweb/owad...HACT&p_id=3359

Comment

Thank you very much!

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X