This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mandatory Training

While working for a local car dealership in Omaha, we had to take mandatory automotive training classes given by the General Manager(Vice President) of the dealership. Mandatory, meaning that you were required to be there or
    you would be fired. This is not where I have a concern.

In one of my classes, about 15 or 20 of us had to listen to a tape called
    "How To Make Love To Your Partner All The Time".
    What does this have to do with Auto Sales?
    I eventially lost my job at this dealership and it may have had something
    to do with my objecting to this day of training.
    And this is just the tip of the iceberg of what went on at this dealership.

Is there any training laws that may have been broken here?
    Last edited by nashville43; 03-19-2007, 05:37 PM.

No.

The problem is that no training laws exist under labor code.

Depending on the content of the video, I suspect it's possible the video may/may not have been the proper training seminar aide. Your former employer was within rights to require you to attend (even if you disagree on the delivery technique).

Did you actually attend the session OR were you terminated for refusing?

Comment

I don't disagree with Robb71, but what the heck?
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

You should file a complaint with the EEOC. That is sexual harassment at its finest.

And out of curiosity, what makes the General Manager think that he's a qualified expert on the subject content?

Comment

I have heard of similar program designs. The subject matter is not always what you expect. I suspect the agenda deals with meeting customer needs and relationship building. I'm not so sure it's actually about "making love to your partner". That's why I asked if OP actually attended the training.

Comment

Originally posted by bears00 View Post
            You should file a complaint with the EEOC. That is sexual harassment at its finest.
            How do you figure that? I tend to doubt the video was about having sexual relations 24/7.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X