Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

SC teacher contract Arizona South Carolina

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SC teacher contract Arizona South Carolina

    I was born in South Carolina. My wife is from Europe and we were married last summer in the US. She received an authorization to work in the US as part of our filing process with the US Government. Before we were married a company had brought her to work as a teacher in SC. Her three year agreement ended shortly before we were married. She started a job in a school district that had a shortage of teachers, as well as not being affiliated with her former employer. (they do not have a contract with this district to provide teachers.Then she was recently sued. They have a non-compete clause in her contract which states she can not teach in SC for two years (yes the entire state). It also states that she must return home for two years, which of course she had planned on doing before we met. The US Government has given her permission to live and work here. The company also wants money from her in this suit.----We have lawyers involved, but I can't get a definite answer yet.I'd like your opinions. Is a contract such as this enforceable? Can a company claim an entire state in their territory for a non-compete clause?
    Last edited by saltydog; 03-19-2007, 12:54 PM. Reason: wrong state selected

  • #2
    Duplicate post - answered elsewhere
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.