This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut in pay Virginia

I am employed by a cleaning company. I was given a promotion to inspector, with a salaried pay, and benefits. The owner did away with this position. He in turn made me head trainer, but now I am hourly, still with benefits. I am making less money, and doing more work. I did read in a forum that you have to have a signed contract, in order to be able to force them to pay the salary given previous..(correct me if that is wrong). I have a a hand signed paper from my office manager and I need to know if it is a legal contract...I will paste a copy of the letter, minus the hand written signature, please tell me if this is good enough for me to fight for my pay....

Job Description: Supervisor Inspections/ Training
    Oct.2006
    This position is being offered to: Sharon Walsh as of 10/20/2006. Dead line to reply is Mon. Oct. 23, 2006

Time Frame:
    The position is on probation for30 days.

Requirements:
    Must be able to lift 20lbs and carry it up and down stairs without assistance. Maintain a safe / reliable vehicle. Maintain insurance. Maintain a good driving record. Complete 4/8 inspections per day. Good Customer Service skills. Interface with employees. Work independently.

Pay:
    Salary starts at $350.00 per week, also will be paid .25 per mile for your mileage.Vacation is 10days for 1st yr. Health ins. will be offered at the end of your probation. Company will pay 50 % of your coverage. Will be reimbursed $40 a month for cell phone usage.

Duties:
    1) Admisister all Training Programs - This will not occur in the beginning.
    2) Resolve Quality Issues with Customers and Cleaners
    3) Inspect Cleaners work at Houses & Enforce Company Standards
    4) Enter Inspection / Complaint Information in the Software
    5) Assist with Employee Discipline Issues
    6) Assit with Hiring / Termination Decisions
    7) Fill in for Cleaners absences on teams as required
    8) Hours 7AM - 5PM

This is the exact letter I recieved, except my copy has a hand written signature from my manager. Please let me know if there is anything I can do, before I decide to resign, and move on. I really like the work I do.

Thanks so much.

This sounds more like a job description or offer letter which would not cut it as a contract but really, you should take it to a lawyer who practices contract law in VA to be sure.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X