This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA employer requires High-Speed internet Pennsylvania

Hello; can an PA or Ohio employer require High-Speed internet access.

If so...would the employer have to pay for it or can they require high speed internet access as a basis for employment.

My employer is thinking of using the internet as a tool for training by sending out video files.

Thanks for your help. Jim

What kind of job are we talking about?

P.S. There isn't any need to post the same question twice for two different states. I've deleted the second post and added Ohio to this question. Just makes it easier on everyone.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

PA employer requires High-Speed internet Pennsylvania

Marketing....in-store product demonstrations....that sort of thing.

Comment

California is the only state which requires the employer to provide/reimburse the employee for tools/resources needed to do the job. So, yes, in both Ohio and Pennsylvania, the employer can make Internet access provided by the employee a condition of employment. The cost may be able to be written off as an unreimbursed business expense on your 1040, subject to certain limitations (I think it's still the excess of 2% of AGI, which would be pretty hard to reach, however).
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Yeah, it is, and it is

Originally posted by Pattymd View Post
          (I think it's still the excess of 2% of AGI, which would be pretty hard to reach, however).
          I spent the weekend working on the 1040. While we completed it in record time this year, it still hurts! And, even on my pittance, a 2% floor for misc deductions and a 7.5% floor for medical expenses are out of reach. Who says government economists don't know how to count?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X