This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Paycheck Arizona

Is it legal in Arizona for an employer to reduce the hourly wage in a final paycheck when an employee quits? For instance, if I was making $10 an hour, and quit, can my employer decide to pay me $5 an hour on my final paycheck instead of the $10 an hour?

Employers can reduce your paycheck on a going-forward basis provided that they give you notice that they are doing so and that your pay doesn't drop below the minimum wage. They cannot reduce your pay on hours that you have already worked.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

However, Arizona law is pretty lax on this issue. For example if, at hire, you sign an acknowledgement of an employee handbook or copy of the company policy that states that your hourly rate will be decreased based on a certain action occuring (your resignation notice) and such action you take DOES occur, that would meet the "prior notification" requirement in Arizona (not so some other states, however).
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X