This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment of vacation pay after termination

I worked for a company in CA as the CFO for almost 4 months before I was terminated without any warning. I then filed for unemployment which they contested but I won approval. My employment letter included information about my benefits but did not specifically indicate how vacation pay was accrued. In the leteer it stated the employee handbook was being rewritten and would be provided at a later date. About two weeks prior to my termination I was given a handbook which to my surprise indicated there was no accrual for vacation until the first day of the month following 90 days of employment. I signed for the handbook but told the Director of Human resources that I was not aware of this policy. I filed a complaint with the labor board and got the companies response. What are my chance of winning???

Vacation

Did your offer letter mention vacation at all? If it did, and it didn't include a statement regarding the delay in accrual, your chances are good, I would say.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

employment letter

The letter states that I will be eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits on the first of the month following 90 days of employment. Later in the letter dated Feb 18 it says I will recieve a handbook in February 2004 which I recieved on May 19th. Attached to the letter is alist of benefits including vacation whcih says all eligible employees can accrue 2 weeks per year. No mention is made of any deferal of vacation pay for 90 days. What do you think?

Comment

Vacation

Since it didn't mention a delayed accrual, I would say that your chances are good. Let us know what happens on your claim.
        Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
        www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X