Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pay rate change Florida

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pay rate change Florida

    Does an employer have to tell you if they are changing (reducing) your rate of pay? Or can they just do it and let the employee find out when a he/she gets their next paycheck?

  • #2
    Employers in Florida are not required to give advance notice of a reduction in pay.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

    Comment


    • #3
      I always thought that any employer, anytime, could reduce an employees wages, but could not do it for hours allready worked?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by turbowray View Post
        I always thought that any employer, anytime, could reduce an employees wages, but could not do it for hours allready worked?
        Not necessarily. Some states have a legal requirement to do so, some states don't.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thank you so much. I wish there was a site, that I could be aware of, that shows, what states require the notification ahead of time, and which do not. Thanks again for your answer!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by turbowray View Post
            I wish there was a site, that I could be aware of, that shows, what states require the notification ahead of time
            We could easily put such a document together.

            Maine requires notification the day prior to the new rate taking effect.
            Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Scott, we really ought to consider putting a site together on the order of Ethan Winning's. Let's talk about it offline.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

              Comment


              • #8
                You two are the greatest!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cbg View Post
                  Scott, we really ought to consider putting a site together on the order of Ethan Winning's. Let's talk about it offline.
                  I never heard of this organization, but let's talk.
                  Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I found the EW site, it is very interesting.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Turbowray, just one thing. Don't take Ethan for gospel. He's a nice enough guy and I've chatted with him on occasion, but not everything on his site is accurate. Most of his stuff is fine, but I've found everything from slightly misleading to downright wrong information on occasion. It's a good resource to start from but back up what you get from his site with other sources, okay?
                      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by cbg View Post
                        Scott, we really ought to consider putting a site together on the order of Ethan Winning's. Let's talk about it offline.
                        I can help.
                        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Scott, PM me an e-mail address if you would, please. I have Patty's.
                          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by cbg View Post
                            Turbowray, just one thing. Don't take Ethan for gospel. He's a nice enough guy and I've chatted with him on occasion, but not everything on his site is accurate. Most of his stuff is fine, but I've found everything from slightly misleading to downright wrong information on occasion. It's a good resource to start from but back up what you get from his site with other sources, okay?
                            Sure thing cbg, thank you for the heads up on that!

                            Comment

                            The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                            Working...
                            X