This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex boss follows me to new job gets me terminated Missouri

I worked part time for my landlord as a manager of his icecream shop, I needed more money so I got a job in the same plaza at a copy place kind of like kinkos and was working both jobs, meanwhile the house i was renting was in need of inspection according to the city i lived in, it failed a few days later my boss and landlord fired me claiming he was making some changes in his buissness I was shocked, then he tells my people that i managed that he is going to go to my other employer and tell them I stole from him to get me fired , and he did and a few days later I was told that I wasnt to touch the register,and that was told to all of my fellow employees (at my copy job) after me questioning what was going on my manager told me that my ex boss talked to the owner and was trying to get me fired it worked they fired me,do I have a case ? is there lawyers that will take it without money up front ,and can I do It on my own without a lawyer? I have one statement from an individual that says he told him he was going to go talk to my boss to get me fires then he cam back and told that individual that he did in fact try to get me fired.

If you didn't steal and your landlord lies about it, then you may have a case. I would highly recommend a lawyer.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

It is called slander.

Seek legal advice and representation.
      Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

thnx

no i didnt steal in fact i left a half hour before check out was done everyday,I was advised to get an exparte against him, if he has really got it out for me whats gonna stop him from lying to a possible future employer, and do people really win slander cases, and is it a federal law that states you cannot go to another boss and say bad things to get the person fired?

Comment

Laws generally are not that specific. They are often left open to interpretation. This is way a lawyer is very necessary should you wish to pursue a slander claim.

Generally an employer may provide an "honest" and "supportable" opinion on your work performance; even if you disagree. If the boss is knowingly providing false information, then that's a problem.

Comment

Ex parte is not the term you are looking for. Perhaps you meant injunction?

While this is probably slander, if the landlord/employer thinks it is true it would not be. However, if the landlord is providing this information unsolicited in an effort to get you fired, you may have a claim for tortious interference.
            I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X