This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum hours for full time - Indiana

Is there a set number of hours an employee must work to be considered full time, or does it vary from employer to employer?

I have been told that no matter how long I have worked for my company, that until I work 40 hrs per week consistantly for 90 days that I will not be eligable for benefits like sick days or vacation. I have been with this company for 13 months, and due to various reasons (illness of self and child, deaths in family), I have not been able to work that 90 days.

Any suggestions (besides getting a new job, because I'm so there)?

Indiana does not regulate this. Full-time is whatever the company says it is. Sorry.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

It's entirely up to your employer. The policy you mention is legal.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Well, piffle. Thanks for your answers.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X