• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JulieBean
    replied
    Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
    I am so confused.

What does this have to do with the poor Indian kid?
    Not sure, but I'll bet he's moved on since then... He's had a good year to look for better job opportunities.

On another note, c72 and daniel are looking like family.

Leave a comment:

• cyjeff
    replied
    I am so confused.

What does this have to do with the poor Indian kid?

Leave a comment:

• danielpalos
    replied
    You may also want to refer to the employee handbook, if any. Sometimes there are guidelines concerning "due process" that may be enforceable.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    The problem is that there is a Common Law doctrine of Employment-At-Will effective in all states but I think Montana. The doctrine states that either party in the employment relationship can end the employment relationship without recourse. The doctrine is not absolute. There are federal law exceptions such as Title VII. Most states support some types of exceptions, such as Public Policy, although those states that do support one of these exceptions do not necessarily agree on exactly what the exception means, making these exceptions very state law specific. So far, you have said nothing that indicates that an illegal termination has occurred.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will

Leave a comment:

• c72ic328lb
    replied
    Patty MD clarify

Sorry Patty -
    May I re-say IT?
    1. Typically in a large corporation that supports all views of diversities - what is the HR process for terminating an employee for violation of an unwritten company policy.

Can the manager that terminates an employee - take a Senior employee with nearly 10 years behind a closed door without HR and with no documentation and make up the rules for covering the possible risk of losing their job?

This may still be not specific enough - please advise me how to clarify my question.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question.

Leave a comment:

• c72ic328lb
    replied
    Would like your thoughts?

Greetings PattyMD cbg and AL HR

My apology if addressing a person by their name/id in a forum is inappropriate.
    My hope is simple to say thanks respectfully for your thoughts.

May I ask the legal professional community a couple of foundational questions in regard to preludes of declaration of a wrongful termination ?

I wish to ask my former employor for their consideration in a “whatever” their idea is in a severence/termination/company policy/massive layout/ IRS and ultimately how to bring closure respectfully.

I will ask them one at a time and stop once it appears that I do not a case or respectful argument.
    1. What is a lawfully respected policy for terminating an employee in a South Eastern “AT WILL” state by a company with >50,000 people held to ground by diversity?

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Hold onto this and show it to some of the posters who complain that they were paid a day late.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    So I guess having (multiple) Dept(s) of Labor to go to is a GOOD thing.

Leave a comment:

• AL HR
    started a topic And we thought we had it bad? Federal

And we thought we had it bad? Federal

http://cities.expressindia.com/fulls...?newsid=204006

yikes!
The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
Working...
X