• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAB TECH SCREWED OR WRONGFULLY DISCHARGED? Minnesota

I was fired yesterday.
    sheriko
    Last edited by sheriko; 09-16-2006, 03:00 AM. Reason: worried

I see absolutely nothing illegal in the actions of your employer. Asking you to lie is not ethical, but not illegal in this particular case.
    Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Neither. Your were terminated because a project you were working on was not being completely in a manner that was satisfactory and you expressed that you didn't wish to work on future projects of that sort. It is perfectly legal.

You are welcome to have a lawyer review the release they are asking you to sign though I don't see anything in what you posted to give you cause to sue. Wrongful discharge means that there is a law that says they can not fire you for the reason they did. That isn't the case here.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X