This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age 14 ++ Breaks

Are paid breaks and unpaid lunch breaks required by law for employees 14 and 15 years old.
    Same question but for ages 16-19 and also 19-20?
    Does the law specify the length of the required break or lunch
    and the # of hours the employee must first work.
    By the way - this information line is a great help! Thank You!
    NEBRASKA

Under Nebraska law for meal breaks:

48-212. Lunch hour; requirements; applicability. Any person, firm, or corporation owning or operating an assembling plant, workshop, or mechanical establishment employing one or more persons shall allow all of their employees not less than thirty consecutive minutes for lunch in each eight-hour shift, and during such time it shall be unlawful for any such employer to require such employee or employees to remain in buildings or on the premises where their labor is performed. This section does not apply to employment.

Nebraska doesn't require employers tro provide rest breaks.
    Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

I couldn't find anything additional required for minors, either.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X