Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Drugs and Alcohol on the job

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Drugs and Alcohol on the job

    Who do I report drug and alcohol use during company hours to? We have employees who are running machines and tow motors that smoke pot and or drink on their breaks. The management team is fully aware of this going on, some of the supervisors even take part in this themselves. There is a potential for danger here and I have no clue who this should be reported to.
    Thanks form Ohio!

  • #2
    Drug Use on the Job

    You can report it higher up to management. Or, if the drug use is causing a hazardous condition for employees, it may be of interest to OSHA. A summary of OSHA's position on this matter is at:

    If your employer is a receipient of federal projects, then it is required to maintain a drug-free workplace ot it can endanger its ability to receive future federal projects. You can read more about the Drug Free Workplace law at:

    Other than those avenues, you can report any illegal drug use to the police.

    Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

    Forum Moderator


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.