This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vistar in ontario harrasment

Ever since i miss work for my 2 month old daughter they been trying to find ways to fire me for missing work of my baby sickness they gave me 17 points. so know a month later when we had a meeting they had told my co workers that i said they were leving boxes open which wasent true. To me they are trying to get every body agents me for i could get fire.ok in vistar they put a $2000 reward for those who know who open boxes and says who. will be rewarded. so thats why they are trying to get every one agents me i Also they have me driving a machine that is liking oil all over the food ware house. i got pictures that shows the machine.i feel harass at work please tell me what can i do
    thank you

The definition of harrassment within the workplace is based on discrimination or hostility related to race, religion, sex, origin, disability, etc.

It's not illegal for other employees to be unkind, but your company may have specific guidelines for employee behavior within their personnel policies.

You can contact your company's human resources department and file a formal complaint to document the problems.

If you are being required to operate machinery that appears to be unsafe, you should immediately address your concern with your supervisor. You can also contact your regional OSHA office to describe the problem and identify whether it is a safety hazard. Your employer cannot discriminate against you in any way for reporting unsafe working conditions to OSHA.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X