This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salary and hourly position in CA

I just want to know who is get salary position.

Our company,beverage manufacturer, Everybody is hourly position, so I have to pay too much overtime.

Do I have to pay salary to machine operator?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Exemption

It's hard to say because I don't have any information other than the job title. But, based on a typical machine operator job, it is non-exempt and eligible for overtime. You can learn more about the qualifications to be exempt from overtime by looking at the DOL website. It is: http://www.dol.gov/esa/regs/compliance/whd/whdfs17.htm

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The classification of positions as hourly vs salaried is determined by federal law - the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act. In general, non-management employees in a manufacturing facility would be eligible for overtime. The Department of Labor has specific guidelines based on job descriptions that can help you determine whether your employees qualify for overtime pay. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X