This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salary Pay Texas

I agreed to work for my employer for 14 days a month for an agreed monthly salary of $6000.00. If for some reason I had to fill in for another salary employee working at the same pay and schedule would I be entitled to compensation for extra days I work?

Originally posted by tb13
    I agreed to work for my employer for 14 days a month for an agreed monthly salary of $6000.00. If for some reason I had to fill in for another salary employee working at the same pay and schedule would I be entitled to compensation for extra days I work?
    Do you have a contract that states 14 days pay exactly for $6000?
    If not and you are exempt and salaried, your hours and days can change according to your empoyer's needs for you to be there.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Sue
    Sue
    FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Salary Employee Texas

Actually I work a week on duty and week off. I get paid 26 times a year which equals to the $6000. a month. There is no contract with my employer. Each pay day is calculated at $6000. times 12 divided by 26. So, if I am called into work on my week off should I be compensated. All other Employees are paid for the actual days and hours worked, only supervisors are being told they still have to work on their days off for the same pay as
      shown above. You asked if I was exempt, meaning what?

Comment

Exempt means an employee who is "exempt from overtime."
        New regulations went into effect Aug. 23, 2004 which I can direct you to a site to look over, but if you are nowhere near going over 40 hours in a week, then it won't apply to you.

http://jobsearchtech.about.com/libra...y/aa082602.htm

The amount of days you work when salarid can vary according to the employer's needs of you and no further compensation is required unless you have a contract which states otherwise.

If you are not exempt and you work more than 40 hours in one work week period, then you are at least entitled to overtime pay.
        Sue
        FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X