Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Worker's Comp term I've never heard of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Worker's Comp term I've never heard of?

Had to share this Monday "funny."

We just got an e-mail from a lower-level HR person saying that we have someone on the WC return-to-work program assigned to our corporate office temporarily, and she's on "sedimentary duty." They wanted to know if we have some tasks we could assign this person. (I assume they meant "sedentary."

I replied that we could throw her in water to see if she sinks to the bottom.

Thanks I needed that today!

Comment

Hahahahahaha!!!

Comment

thanks for the giggle...I too needed it on this hot tiring Monday!

Comment

The more I think about it, we have a number of "sedimentary" employees. They just kind of gradually sink to the bottom and stay there until we clean them out.

Comment

Originally posted by TSCompliance View Post
            The more I think about it, we have a number of "sedimentary" employees. They just kind of gradually sink to the bottom and stay there until we clean them out.
            Like button.

Comment

Lol ...............
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I just now read a sports article where an ambidextrous baseball pitcher is described (in the headline!) as being "amphibious" - does that mean he can pitch underwater too?

Comment

(I recently had an employee submit a letter of "involuntary resignation."
                  She resigned but really didn't want to)
                  I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.
                  Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Isn't the English language a wonderful thing?

I have a family member (discretion requires that I not say who!) who often misuses "big" words but doesn't seem too bothered by the giggles or guffaws that his/her malapropisms trigger.
                    David K. Staub (www.illinoisbusinessattorney.com)
                    Forum posts are not legal advice, are for informational and educational purposes only, and are not a substitute for proper consultation with legal counsel.

Comment

Re: New Workers Comp term

Hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I remember an employment application answer our boss told us about: Did volunteer summer work taking care of the elderly and vegetable people.
                        Last edited by Betty3; 07-17-2015, 11:18 PM. Reason: left out word
                        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                        Working...
                        X