No announcement yet.

Your opinion, drug testing an employee for somethign away from work Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your opinion, drug testing an employee for somethign away from work Kentucky

If the HR manager thinks she sees an employee driving in traffic with a joint, and passing it around within the car, but does not see this at work, would you test this employee?

Thanks,

Personally I wouldn't, but then I'm in Canada...

Comment

She "thinks" she sees but is not sure?
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Does it fall under your reasonable suspicion policy?

Comment

NOT my area of expertise but:
          - Drug testing tends to be very state law specific.
          - So-called "random" drug testing means that people you like have the same possibility of being tested as those you do not like.
          - It is often easier to test legally a specific employee if the employee is showing some type of impairment.
          "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
          Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X