Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NEED HELP NOW!!!! Iowa

    Ok I filed a complaint against a coworker to my manager, my coworker has been on a down hill slope at work for a little over a month and a half now. When I filed my complaint I was told to suck it up and deal with it. cause my boss doesnt have the time to handle it. The next day I came into work and found out that i was talking to deff ears. My boss is and has been a family friend of the employee that I filed my complaint against. Later that day i was informed by two other coworkers that my boss had gone to the mother of the employee I had filed my complaint against and told her everything i said. Is there anything i can do? Like a privacy violations or something?

  • #2
    You have next to no expectation of privacy in the workplace. But in order to give you a complete answer, we need to know the nature of the complaint you made.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      Agree - some complaints have legal protection/recourse, others don't.


      • #4
        When you say the employee is on a "downhill slope" do you mean the employee's work is no longer up to par or was it a more serious complaint?
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

        Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


        The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.