Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can my employee claim unemployment for cut in hours due to misconduct? Illinois

I have an employee that was doing around 30-35 hours per week. As of the past 4 months, she has been rude customers (complaints), causing fights with employees, not following up with orders. The other boss tried to fire her, but she started crying uncontrollably to the point that he gave her a final chance, and put her on a cut of hours as a probationary period. Just recently she filed a claim for unemployment benefitis for IL due to this. We have given her many verbal warnings, and had her sign a 2nd written notice. This notice outlined all of this and her misconduct/inability to follow orders, which she signed, stating we are cutting her hours because of this, and that one more violation would result in termination. If we state these facts to the unemployment department, will she still be able to get unemployment benefits? We don't want our unemployment rate to go up, so we are trying to figure out how to tackle this claim form that IDES sent us, in our best interest. Thank you.

There's no way we can shall whether she will or will not receive UI benefits -
    it's always the state's decision. Just tell the UI office the reasons for the
    reduction in hrs. as per your post above. The UI folks will then make their
    decision.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

In a word,
      NO.

The state has the final yea or nay,
      but I wouldn't bet the farm on her getting it if I were you..

..__________________
      ~ VOTE ALL INCUMBENTS OUT IN 2012,
      WE NEED TO MAKE ROOM FOR A NEW BATCH OF CROOKS.

Comment

The bottom line though is the state always makes the final decision & that's
        the one that counts.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X