This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work Related Expense Reimbursement Arizona

I work for a major global company in AZ. They told us today that they expect all of their Teleworkers (Work from Home employees) to fund home telephone and internet charges that are incurred as a part of conducting routine business. We use the phone and internet to do our work and make our employer money. Up until now, we were under a telework agreement wherby the company paid for these expenses. In fact, the company closed all of the offices in AZ and sent all of us workers home so we could pay for the cost of the office expense, lights, heating, air conditioning and space. The company did reimburse for the phone and internet until now. We know that there are rights in in some US states that protect workers from this unfair practice. California is one of those states (see law here) http://www.california-labor-law-atto...mbursement.php

Can you please tell me if AZ allows employers to take advantage of their workers in this manner and if so, is there a way to begin petitioning to change the law? Thank you.

Only a couple of states require reimbursement for expenses & Az. is not one.

Was the telework agreement you mentioned, where the employer would pay for expenses, in writing & signed by employer & employees?

The only way to get a law passed is to petition your representatives in Congress.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Work Related Expense Reimbursement Arizona

Thanks for your note Betty3. Yes, we all had to sign a teleworker agreement when we started working from home.

Thanks for the tip....I will begin the process to petition my congressional rep immediately.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X