This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reporting drug abuse to a company Ohio

i reported to a company that one of their workers was smoking dope. they called him in office, tested on the spot. he failed, they fired him, and told who called in. i do not work at this company. but this person now knows i ratted him out, this puts me in danger. i am in Ohio.

What is your question?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

A horribly poor decision on the companys part....without question.....IMO

Comment

This is a question of civil law, and not employment law. It was a very bad idea for the company to tell him who ratted him out, but not entirely illegal.

Comment

Didn't say i thought it was illegal....just a VERY poor decision IMO

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
            What is your question?
            cbg, i am trying to find out if i have grounds against this company for informing who told them they may need to do drug test. this is a world wide food co. who wonts a doper working on the foods your kidds maybe eating.

Comment

No, you don't. It was perhaps foolish of them to let him know who it was but they violated no laws in doing so.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
                No, you don't. It was perhaps foolish of them to let him know who it was but they violated no laws in doing so.
                While they didn't break any laws, I can see there being civil liability on this company IF he retaliates against you, but not until.

Comment

I agree....

Comment

Originally posted by hwj View Post
                    cbg, i am trying to find out if i have grounds against this company for informing who told them they may need to do drug test. this is a world wide food co. who wonts a doper working on the foods your kidds maybe eating.
                    You haven't suffered any damages. If you do, then you may have a civil cause of action against them for negligence (that's a big may, though.) You can't take legal action just because you're unhappy they told - which I can't imagine why they did.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                    Working...
                    X