This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance Policy Illinois

We are a 60 seat call center looking to revamp our attendance policy. In doing so, I want to make sure we benchmark other call centers and other service related industries to ensure we are consistant with other employers. Can you please share with me your attendance policy and any postives or negatives you have with it. Thank you!

It would be unwise to post company policies on public internet message board
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Laqw10_9, did you get my PM?
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Patty, I did but i declined it as I didn't know what that was.

If you are not comfortable posting your companies policies, I would just like to find out how many unexcused absenses your company finds acceptable before there is any corrective action.

Thanks

Comment

Can you call some other call centers & see what their policy is?
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Companies that give "sick days" generally grant five per year you can use that as reference if you choose
            http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
              Companies that give "sick days" generally grant five per year you can use that as reference if you choose
              There are legal reasons involving the DOL definition of "bona fide" sick pay plans affecting Exempt Salaried employees only that strongly encourages employers with that type of employee to offer at least 5 sick pay days annually. While this "rule" does not legally affect other types of employees, it is not uncommon to just apply the rule to all employees.

The last few employers I have worked consolidated all vacation/sick/whatever into PTO, generally 2-3 weeks per year depending on years of sevice.
              "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
              Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
              Working...
              X