This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpool Texas

Well I am wondering if a company can make you pay for vanpooling or carpooling to get to work.

Awfullly vague question, can you provide some specifics?
    "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Comment

carpooling

Well because of our parking situation because we don't have enough parking for all of our employees we are having to take shuttles to work from another location that we park at but they are spending to much money on the shuttles that they want to make us pay for a vanpool which is $71 or higher depending on where you live and they say we would be saving money on gas but not for everyone because some of us only work 10 miles down the road but it's too far to walk I think this is bull crap and should haven't to pay it and I don't think they should make us pay for it. Tell me what you think.

Comment

It's your responsibility to get to work on time. End of story. They are offering an alternative which you are choosing not use.
        "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate'' - Sir William of Ockham, a.k.a. Ockham's Razor

Comment

Originally posted by stpooh80 View Post
          Tell me what you think.
          The employer only needs to be concerned about you showing up for work, on time. How you get there or how much the travel costs you is not their concern.
          Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

If you can find another less expensive way to get to work - go for it. At least they are giving you an alternative way to get to work if you have no other way but to use the vanpool.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X