Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Not getting paid California

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not getting paid California

    I need help! I am a recent UC college graduate who is "trying out" an assistant manager position that was listed on craigslist.

    The post (as I remember) listed that pay was DOE - Depends On Experience, however I have never had a formal interview.. but was told I'm "trying it out".

    I've gone in for two days, and am supposed to go this weekend as well but I have started sorting things for the company and will start being trained in the office tomorrow.

    None of this is paid! Before I go in tomorrow I want to call them to see how much I get paid and to get paid for training. It's an awesome job, but is this even legal?

  • #2
    Probably not legal, assuming that the assistant manager title (which is legally meaningless) has job duties indicated by the job title. It is hard to legally not pay employees at least minimum wage for hours worked. You can file a wage claim for unpaid wages with CA-DLSE.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)


    • #3
      Agree. If you did work, you should be paid.

      wage claim Ca. -
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.