This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (HELP( Ca) Recently fired B4 probation completed

I was employed with a private ambulance company that "separated" with me right before my probationary period was over. I wasn't the only one that the company "separated" with. This company treats their employees like numbers and in my opinion, it seems like they recycle employees by firing them before probation is over in order to NOT pay for any new employee benefits. They hire on a new batch of grunts to work all the "unwanted" hours 24 hour shifts/night shifts. The company finds the smallest, CORRECTABLE things to pin on you and make it seem like you did something so wrong you could never work there again. I believe I was FIRED/SEPARATED unfairly but I already signed all the separation papers and collected my final check. I had a union representative from NEMSAUSA.org present as well that didn't help one bit. IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO GET THIS OFF MY RECORD???

Probably not. Based on what you have said the termination sounds legal. May I ask exactly what "record" you are talking about? Are you talking about something like a state liscensing board? Or just the record of some employer terminating you?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will
    http://employeeissues.com/wrongful_termination.htm
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

With that being said, how should i go about future employment with other companies? No matter what i do, it's just going to look bad on my part.

Comment

Many employees get terminated. One termination isn't likely to make a future employer not hire you.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Does being fired while you are still on probation seem equally as bad as being fired as a regular full time employee?

Comment

If you were terminated, you were still terminated no matter when. I don't think a future employer will give a lot more weight (if any) to either one.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

You just tell them that it wasn't a good match for you or them and that you agreed to separate. If they ask why, think up a good reason that would not be something you should be able to do for the job you're interviewing for, like working graveyard, dealing with health/trauma or whatever it was, etc. Turn it into a positive, "I'm looking for a job that provides xyz, (something provided by the company you're interviewing for).
              I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Only one problem with that Alice. I want to stay in the Emergency Medical Service field. Its going to be tough finding a new emt job with that hanging on my neck. I guess I've better work with what i got. thanks.

Comment

Good luck to you.

Comment

Well, if they like to churn and burn people, it's probably well known in the field. If you say nothing bad about them in interviews, it will make you look good.
                    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by For2Any View Post
                      Its going to be tough finding a new emt job with that hanging on my neck.
                      You certainly might want to give it a try.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X