This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ca. prescription drugs and working

I was just suspended until further notice after a random drug test showed zanix in my urine. I told the office where I took the test. Work knew I was taking it. I did not take it during work but at times when the pressure was great on days off I would. I had to go back and pick up my weekly check ask the management if I could have a copy of the report and he said no it was in an email and there was other information that I wasn't allowed to see. The medication did not affect or have any effect on my work. What do I do now, I have a baby, I just lost my father two years ago and that was why I was on the medication a lot to deal with at 20. Do I have any legal action? how long am I suspended for? I just want my job. Help!!!!!!

bflesia, you should have started your own new thread - you added your
    question to another poster's old thread. I will start a new thread for you.
    Last edited by Betty3; 04-29-2011, 08:49 PM. Reason: spelling
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I don't see where there is any legal action you can take. There is no way
      we can know how long you are suspended for. That would be up to your
      employer.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I'm a bit surprised xanix would show up in a drug screen but then I'm no pharmacologist. If you have a prescription for the medication, which will be verified by the testing facility, then all should turn out well and with you being reinstated to work.

When an employee tests positive for something on a drug screen, it's standard procedure to suspend the employee until all questions are answered and any illegal/prohibited substances are ruled out. In the meantime, you should file for unemployment benefits.

Comment

OP, did you have a perscription for the medication?

Comment

Originally posted by Beth3 View Post
            I'm a bit surprised xanix would show up in a drug screen but then I'm no pharmacologist.
            Yes, xanax can show up positive in a drug screen/test.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X