This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow you guys were exactly right Minnesota

Wow you guys were exactly right when you told me that I would not get unemployment. I got a letter from them saying that I quit. I wrote back and said no I didn't. I did however get 2 weeks of unemployment but I suppose I have to pay it back when I get back on my feet. I got a friend who got fired for getting into an accident that wasn't his fault. His case is being relooked at because he raised some objections during the hearing about lack of evidence of wrongdoing. (they apparently said a customer complained too but didn't give details.) In my case I don't have a leg to stand on. Someone else mentioned that I should bring my case up to the Attorney General in my state, as well as my state congressman and senator. This is not an entirely half brained suggestion since I am a politically active democrat and know where these peoples offices are having been there before. Might be interesting plus its free. Heh, I suppose I would be really pissed at being fired if I wasn't so happy that I don't have to drive 20 miles to work every day. Gas is 3.19 here.
    Last edited by Brant Coyle; 02-01-2011, 09:03 PM.

Thanks for the update. It has been noted.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

This is not an entirely half brained suggestion since I am a politically active democrat ~~~~~. Might be interesting plus its free.

You would cost the taxpayers a lot of money on a case that has been settled? Nothing is free, as someone always has to pay.

Comment

Before going to speak to a politcian, file an appeal. It is free, and your right to do so.

Comment

Everyone might want to read OP's posting history.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Are you not getting unemployment benefits because you were deemed ineligible or because the employer appealed? You should file an appeal to have your case heard. If you don't you will have to pay back the two weeks already received. You have nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by pierre1912 View Post
              Are you not getting unemployment benefits because you were deemed ineligible or because the employer appealed? You should file an appeal to have your case heard. If you don't you will have to pay back the two weeks already received. You have nothing to lose.
              As a previous poster advised, please read the OP's posting history.

Comment

yeah, I haven't been denied yet.

I haven't gotten the letter yet. They say there are some issues or something like that. My comment was more of a general one about how hard it seems to get unemployment these days. It doesn't seem like anybody is getting it if there is some allegation of cause. It never used to be that way as far as I know. Anybody know when they tightened up on that?

Comment

It is hard to make one comment that applies to all 50 states. I can say that as the economy went south and state UI funds started to overspend, we started hearing postings on this website and others that indicated that at least some states seemed to be playing far more hardball then they used to be. That is just a collection of "some guy/girl said" stories, not announcements by the governments or formal studies by people paying serious attention. It is a fact that many states have either spent their UI funds dry or will in the near future, and functionally are borrowing UI money from the feds. If we can believe many unconfirmed stories, at least some states are trying to minimize the outflow by getting tougher on claim approvals. Saying that something makes sense however is not the same thing as saying that something is certain.

There are a lot conditional statements in that last paragraph.
                  "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                  Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

I agree. I just got the denial of benefits. It just listed what my employer said about me. Missed a day of work. Didn't give proper notice whatever that means since they weren't accepting notices. fired on the 9th 7 days after they walked me out. Missed a meeting on the 12th was in there but since I was fired on the 9th I am not sure what that means. I doubt they even read my response. I am probably good for 3 months or so anyway. Heh, they are pretty tight with a lousy 7000 bucks. I might going complain to the politicians I don't know.

Comment

I do not remember all of your posting, but if you have not done so already, appeal as far as you can through normal channels.
                      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X