Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Wrongful termination? California

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wrongful termination? California

    I was terminated for dishonesty/theft of time. The evidence used (security camera with time stamp) to discharge me actually shows my innocence but they claim that the clock is wrong (running slow) If my watch is set to their clock can they say "I knowingly stole time from them?" Note, I am a union member and have begun proceedings (local meeting and panel meeting) The company admits the clock is inaccurate (conveniently in their favor) and completely ignores my request for logic. My union reps. inform me that is their prerogative at this point and it maybe relevant in later proceedings but not now. I am still awaiting a decision from union regarding whether or not they will seek arbitration. Meanwhile I have no income. Any help would be appreciated.

  • #2
    A wrongful termination means that you were termed for a reason prohibited by law, not that you were termed for something you didn't do. This is not a wrongful termination under the law. Your recourse is to grieve it through the union.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.


    • #3
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

      Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.