Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from www.LaborLawCenter.com, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got fired now pictures behind desks saying call police if see me New Hampshire

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got fired now pictures behind desks saying call police if see me New Hampshire

I worked at a nursing home for 2 years as a cook in the kitchen in NH . Me and my boss started argueing alot. I was going to try and get her in trouble for treating me badly and etc. Well she got me fired for my "attitude". When I got fired I ripped up the termination papers and threw them in the trash. I said a few choice words, like f you and such. I never once threatened them in any way. I just yelled at them and swore as I was walking out the door to my car. That was on Thursday afternoon. Well my girlfriend's sister still works there and she told me yesterday that behind the nurse's desks they have a picture of my drivers license and saying if this person is seen to call the police.
    They must have used the drivers license picture they have on file from when I applied there 2 years ago.
    My questions are can they legally do this? I mean put up those pictures saying call the police immediately if I am seen there? I never threatened them or anything in any way. They never said don't come here again or we will call the police. Can they do that legally? Can I get them in trouble for slander or defamation of character or something?
    I mean what if someone who works at my old job that never knew me and sees it tells a friend about it and that person knows me from school or knows someone that works at a place I am trying to get a new job at and they say bad things about me or tells them about this picture and everything it says. There is no reason for that. They have never done anything like this to anyone before that they fired.

Can they do that legally? Yes.

Can I get them in trouble for slander or defamation of character or something? No.

You behaved abominably and they are within their rights to ban you from the premises.

I mean what if someone who works at my old job that never knew me and sees it tells a friend about it and that person knows me from school or knows someone that works at a place I am trying to get a new job at and they say bad things about me or tells them about this picture and everything it says

And what if that never happens?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Agree, not illegal to post your picture. Your actions were way out of line.

You can try filing for unemployment ins. It never hurts to apply but you may
      not get it due to your actions. The state will make the decision.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
      Working...
      X