This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching Gifts New Jersey

I am currently employed and recently made a charitable gift donation that is eligible for a matching gift from my company. I was told that they verify and distribute the matching gifts quarterly, so my donation would be matched at the end of March. I will be laid off as a result of a job elimination, probably by early March. Will my donation still be matched since I donated while still an employee?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

We have no idea. This is not an area addressed by law, so the company can make any decision it wants.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Just to cover all bases, do you have any type of agreement/contract in writing that they will match your gift? Thanks.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

No, nothing in writing. I only verified that the organization I donated to is eligible for matching gifts.

I didn't see anything in writing in the policy that stipulated whether the donor needed to be an active employee at the time the matching funds would be disbursed (end of the quarter) vs at the time the actual donation was made. I guess I will just have to wait and find out.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the reply. Patty's reply then applies - the co. can make what ever decision they want.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

You can always ask your employer if they plan on making a matching contribution. My guess is they will.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X