This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disclosure of personal information/among other things Idaho

I have been working at a motel in a small town in Idaho for 1.5 months. Just today I was informed by my immediate supervisor that I was being "laid off" and the owner did not give her a reason why. I was told not to come in to work tomorrow.

Two days ago, I heard from my "replacement" that I was being fired for being late all the time (a severe exaggeration). Up until then I had no knowledge of anything being wrong in the workplace, and obviously, then, had no knowledge of my "being replaced."

Yesterday, I called my immediate supervisor from work to ask about the rumor. Although the current work schedule in her desk said today was my last day off (she doesn't know I saw it), she told me she had no knowledge of my being terminated and would talk to the owner.

Keep in mind, my replacement started work this past Tuesday. Prior to any of this, my immediate supervisor said she would not be hiring anyone else through the winter to keep the hours between the people already working.

My immediate supervisor, before talking to me, also told my boyfriend at his place of work today that the owner would be training this replacement and then deciding which one of us he liked better.

My main problem with this entire situation was that my "replacement" was informed before me and then began circulating rumors. Also, the owner is going to "choose between us?" We're both Asian. I'm wondering if that means anything.

Help!

I see nothing illegal done/being done based on what you posted. What law do you see that was broken?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Actually, the fact that you and your "replacement" are both Asian implies there is NO illegal discrimination occurring, if that's what you're thinking.
      I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Just to be clear though, there are other forms of illegal discrimination other than based on race/national origin.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X