This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yelling back - getting fired - unemployment -CA

My question is, if a boss screams and intimidates you, and you in return, trying to keep the conversation is the same tone of voice, you yell back, and he fires you because of that, what are the chances of being denied unemplyment based on this?

That's a decision only the state can make after a review of all information furnished them. You have nothing to lose though in filing for unemployment ins. & if you are denied, you can appeal.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

My question is, if a boss screams and intimidates you, and you in return, trying to keep the conversation is the same tone of voice, you yell back

Trying to keep the conversation in the same tone of voice? Come on. That's really weak.

Yelling at the boss diminishes the likelihood of your receiving UC benefits but you certainly should apply and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by puig90 View Post
        My question is, if a boss screams and intimidates you, and you in return, trying to keep the conversation is the same tone of voice, you yell back, and he fires you because of that, what are the chances of being denied unemplyment based on this?
        Beth, you took the words out of my mouth!!
        First of all, you never yell at your boss..not unless you plan on not having a job which in this case happened. You were fired for being insubordinate. My question to you is...what happened before hand for this to take place? I dont' think you would get unemployment in your case.

Comment

"trying to keep the conversation is the same tone of voice"

That's like saying "Officer, I was just staying with the flow of traffic and they were all going 85!"

Comment

slaves

weak???
            WHen I said to keep the conversation in the same tone, I was being sarcastic.
            Besides, if you're going to raise your voice and bully me because you like to intimidate, I'm gonna raise it back.
            What is it with you thinking that an employer has the right to yell and intimidate? You may be one of them
            We fight for human rights in Africa, for animals abuse, but, hey a boss can come and mentally abuse and make you sick because you know what? you're a slave.
            Let them whip us too.
            Last edited by puig90; 06-23-2009, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Actually, I didn't get fired, just a heated argument, my boss all the time says the "S" word, the "F" word, he replays, "that's because you're gay", trying to be funny but is not.
              But I can see that coming, if they fire me, that's ok, but I want my unemplotment, because who gives you the right to harass people?
              Last edited by puig90; 06-23-2009, 10:33 AM.

Comment

The drama llama is out for shearing.
                I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Besides, if you're going to raise your voice and bully me because you like to intimidate, I'm gonna raise it back. What is it with you thinking that an employer has the right to yell and intimidate? You may be one of them

Slow down there. You seem to have a short fuse. Nobody said the boss acting that way was right. It's not. But responding in kind to the boss is a good way to get fired, no matter now big a jerk he's being.

But I can see that coming, if they fire me, that's ok, but I want my unemplotment, because who gives you the right to harass people? In most cases, "harassment" is perfectly legal. If you get fired for being insubodinate, the chances of receiving unemployment benefits are not good - which is the question you asked. Subordinates are not supposed to yell at the boss, even if the boss is yelling at them. Fair or not, that's just the way it is.

Comment

weak???
                    WHen I said to keep the conversation in the same tone, I was being sarcastic.
                    Besides, if you're going to raise your voice and bully me because you like to intimidate, I'm gonna raise it back.
                    What is it with you thinking that an employer has the right to yell and intimidate? You may be one of them
                    We fight for human rights in Africa, for animals abuse, but, hey a boss can come and mentally abuse and make you sick because you know what? you're a slave.
                    Let them whip us too.
                    Okay, so you were being sarcastic and it obviously didn't translate well in an email form. So, why stoop to your boss's level? Why "raise it back" and not be the bigger person? If he/she has to yell to intimidate, well then, they're not secure in their position nor do they have a good working relationship with their employees. That's just sad. Sexual preference should not even be part of the conversation.

Comment

we'll, we agree on one thing then

Employees = slaves

Comment

Employees = slaves
                        Now you're catching on.....
                        I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Slaves did not have the option of quitting. You do.

I find that analogy offensive.
                          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

But you don't find offensive a tyrant?

Modern day slavery, which by the way, do a search on Google and you'll be surprised how many people suffer by tyrant bosses and cannot quit because of bills to pay, mortgages, a 10 % unemployment rate and lack of jobs.

By the same token, a slave could always run, but he could die in the process, you can quit, and become homeless, which is being dead in today's world
                            Last edited by puig90; 06-23-2009, 11:26 AM.

Comment

But you don't find offensive a tyrant?

Modern day slavery, which by the way, do a search on Google and you'll be surprised how many people suffer by tyrant bosses and cannot quit because of bills to pay, mortgages, a 10 % unemployment rate and lack of jobs.

By the same token, a slave could always run, but he could die in the process, you can quit, and become homeless, which is being dead in today's world
                              You can also find another job. In my town there are always jobs doing telephone solicitations. Think you get yelled at now?

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X