Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

problem wirh renewing the contract Massachusetts

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • problem wirh renewing the contract Massachusetts

    I am working at a university and my boss does not want to renew my contract because he was ask from HR yo renew it for 1 year and he said he will give me only short terms.

    He knows I am looking for a new job since the position from here is not permanent and he knows i was applying to so several opening because he was giving to me a letter or recommendation.
    but i did not get any job offer yet and I am not sure when I will get because it seems yhe employment is freezing and my visa is j1.

    how to ask my boss to give me 1 year?

    he want short term because he said if he will give me 1 year he has to write a letter with "the work cannot be done without me" and this imply to open a permanent position for me and he does not want to have permanent staff, only his secretary wants to be permanent staff.

    let me know please what is wrong here because I do not beleive anyone not my boss not HR none....
    I feel everyone is lying me and I will be without any job soon.
    Please advice me!
    Thank you!

  • #2
    I don't think there is any way you can make your boss renew your contract for one year.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.