Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Belongings in Texas

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Belongings in Texas

    My firing is a very unhappy thing to talk about so I'm not going to give details unless asked. All I want to say is that I will never work corporate world again. Now my question...While I was in the conference room being terminated someone (I'm not sure who) packed up my belongings and left them in the HR office. After shifting through it all I realized all my pay check stubs and reviews were not there. Not sure what to do I decided to wait because the HR directer said that if something was not in the box it would be sent to me. I received an envelope from them yesterday and it only included my pay check stubs. I really want my reviews but I'm not sure how to go about it. What should I do? Also, is it legal for them to keep them? I've had some experience with their shaddy practices and would like to know if this is yet another.

  • #2
    In Texas private sector employees have no statutory right to examine or copy personnel files.

    Were these reviews that you had in your desk or were they in your personnel file only?
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

    Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.


    • #3
      They were in my desk in my own file I made containing my pay check stubs and them. I only received the pay check stubs so I know they meant to not give me the reviews which might show how shaddy they are.


      The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.