X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seemingly screwed in Florida

thanks ... my questions were answered..... editing due to anonymity
    Last edited by floridajoe; 06-28-2008, 09:08 AM. Reason: details

All you can do if you happen to be turned down for unemployment ins. is appeal. During the appeal, you just need to answer the questions asked & tell the truth.

Based on your post, your employer did nothing illegal as long as you weren't discriminated against/let go because of a protected "class" (ie age, gender, religion.)
    Last edited by Betty3; 06-27-2008, 07:42 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

thanks for the reply.... i figured as much....

what can i do to prepare for the seemingly endless false truths i'm sure they have coached their employees about...?

I'm left with only the truth since all my efforts to collect "cya" evidence somehow disappeared from my desk...

And your sure there is no foundation against my former employer for termination for "job performance" (as bland as that maybe) even though they failed to provide me with any training for my position... As well, i was unable to access certain data to informatively follow correct procedures (after, time-after-time i requested this to be fixed and assured it would be, to no avail)...? I am by no means a lawyer, but that seems negligent and unethical.

I'm sure employees are forced from positions everyday. Whether it be discrimination of: sex, origin, & religion; but, is there anything that might attribute to personality conflicts. (i.e. discriminated because they believe 'you' just don't fit in?)?

thanks

Comment

No law prohibits an employer from terming an employee for job performance.

No law requires an employer to provide training.

So no, you have no legal recourse against your employer on that basis.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

[QUOTE=floridajoe;981871is there anything that might attribute to personality conflicts. (i.e. discriminated because they believe 'you' just don't fit in?)?[/QUOTE]

Only if not fitting in is because of some protected characteristic (like being a Protestant when eveyone else is Catholic, Jewish, Muslim or being Hispanic when everyone else is Anglo). You get the drift. Nothing illegal here.
          Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

ok .... thought so... just figured i would ask...

thanks for the info...

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X