Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Benefit given between Interview and after Join the company New York

I was told that I would get monthly commission based on how much I sell during the interview. After I joined the company for 2 months, I received a monthly sales report from the company that I didn't reach the sales target and had no commission. I went to the boss who interviewed me and asked him what it meant. He was surprised that I didn't know that I should have a monthly sales target and won't get any commission if I don't meet the sales target by the end of the month. I told him that I was not told during the interview. He said that's the company's policy even though I was not told during the interview. Then, he asked the Office Manager to give me the document about company's policy which should be given to me on the first day that I joined the company. The sales target is not easy to reach and especially they don't add it up every month. What am I going to do? If I file a claim, I have no evidence to show that he didn't mentioned this to me during the interview, but an email to the Office Manager that I received the company's policy document two months after I joined the company. Should I take a recorder with me to record the interview in future? If this is the case, I don't think any company would like to hire anybody who records the interview.

Once again, my question is what I'm going to do with this situation? And, is there any way to protect me in the future interview. I'm afraid something is going to happen again in the future.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry but the fact that you were not given the full details of the policy in the interview is not grounds for any sort of claim. It is fairly unusual to share the full compensation plan details with a candidate. Did you ask what the commission structure was like after you were hired? Just knowing from the interview that commissions were likely wouldn't tell you how much they would be or how they were calculated or anything else about them.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

During the interview, I was told that I would get the commission at 20% of the sales and 20% of the profit (the sale price minus factory cost). The first month, I didn't have any sales as it takes time to develop new customers. By the end of the 2nd month I joined the company, I received the monthly sales report listed the sales I made this month and also mentioning that I didn't reach the sales target and no commission this month. That's when the sales target set by the company was released to me by the boss who interviewed me when I approached to him.

Comment

I'm sorry but I still see no claim just because you weren't given complete/full information re their commission payment policy at the time of your interview.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thanks, Betty. So, the employees are the victims after they are hired if the company doesn't implement what you are told during the interview.

Elle,

I did ask the boss about the commission structure, but he never mentioned about the sales target and I only make the commission based on the amount above monthly sales target at $5000. I was only told that I would get the commission at 20% of the sales and 20% of the profit (the sale price minus factory cost).

Thanks.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
          Working...
          X