This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• denied unemployment/wrongfully terminated California

Hi my name is Jennifer. I was employed for a company for 2 years and decided to leave to work for another company. So I gave my notice, after I left the other job did not fall through, so my previous employer offered for me to come back to help out for a while or perm, which ever worked out for me, since they had already hired someone and I had trained them. We would job share. After being back there for a week and a half, I came in on my day off to pick up my paycheck and the manager notified me that she had to let me go until further notice because some had used the company credit card for a childrens health insurance plan and a veterinary clinic, and since I was the only employee with children and cats, that I was the only suspect. I told her it definatly was not me, and I would assist her in any way to show that. I checked in with her the next week and she said that it was going to be further investigated and I would be contacted if my name was cleared. So after two weeks I filed for unemployment and was denied because the said she could fire me for any reason she wants and she also said that she had offered me my job back the next day, which is untrue. Also all of my perspective emloyers that are calling her, say that she is saying that she's not sure why I list them as a reference. I appealed this denial, but what are my chances??? Help?????

Without knowing all details (both sides) it would be unwise for us to speculate
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

what are you saying???

Comment

Jenn

Can anyone help me????

Comment

Appeal the unemployment decision and go from there.

And calm down. These are volunteers on this board. If you don't get an answer right away, it's because they're either busy or not online.

Comment

confused

Does this sound like I might have a good chance or do you think it looks like the employer has the upper hand. I really am getting tired of trying to win her, it seems like this is a game to her.

Comment

Sorry, I should elaborate.

It is not illegal for the employer to fire you because they suspect you of using company funds for personal use. they are not a court of law, and don't need evidence to prove their end result of the investigation.

When you appeal the unemployment decision you'll probably have some sort of telephone hearing. Tell them what you've told us. Facts only that pertain to the situation. Tell them that you were suspended, you called a week later to see if you could work, investigation was still pending, they never got back to you. Again, facts only.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by jennbravo View Post
                Does this sound like I might have a good chance or do you think it looks like the employer has the upper hand. I really am getting tired of trying to win her, it seems like this is a game to her.
                Sorry, we were typing at the same time.

I have no idea what the unemployment office will decide in the end. Just be truthful.

Comment

Julie what Jenn appears to be after is a prediction by us of outcome of her appeal hearing. What I was trying to tell her is we cannot nor should not give her false hope or fear as we do not know both sides of issue and even if we did we cannot know how the State rep will view the evidence! Jenn, Julie is correct just state the facts but we cannot predict outcome
                  http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
                    Julie what Jenn appears to be after is a prediction by us of outcome of her appeal hearing. What I was trying to tell her is we cannot nor should not give her false hope or fear as we do not know both sides of issue and even if we did we cannot know how the State rep will view the evidence! Jenn, Julie is correct just state the facts but we cannot predict outcome
                    Panther, I knew what she was asking, but I wanted to try and be clear with what I was saying. I wouldn't want her saying at the appeal that her employer unlawfully fired her. And I did state that we can't predict the outcome.

I didn't think I was giving her false hope, but I apologize if I did. I always try to be neutral.

Comment

Jenn - just tell the truth as you know it. It will be up to the state to decide if you get UI or not. That's about all we can tell you.
                      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                      Working...
                      X