Complete Labor Law Poster for $24.95
from, includes
State, Federal, & OSHA posting requirements


No announcement yet.

Ghosted by my employer, but I remain an "no-show"

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ghosted by my employer, but I remain an "no-show"

    Indiana; "local" federal agency. seniority-based. union.

    In Dec., I and another temp worker were told by our federal employer that temp positions were to end on 12/31, per higher ups. I was hired first (in May); she second (July). This agency runs on strict seniority.

    A few days before 12/31, local boss said he'd gotten employment extensions for us. Next day, subordinate supervisor calls me and says my paperwork has "been lost in email" and they'll call me when it's resolved. Other temp's paperwork arrived without issues. She had more flexibility, but they couldn't keep her unless they kept me. I needed to be "offed", somehow.. Texts and calls were not returned.

    Since that time, I'm still an active employee. This was confirmed by non-local HR (800 number). I'm classified as a no-show, each day on my virtual timecard. It's in their interest to make me look AWOL, because they can keep the other temp without going through the red tape of petitioning for new hire. Same situation is happening to another person. The major HR, located out of state, keeps sending me back to the local branch. What now? Whom do I contact or report his situation to? I'm not looking to get this job back or complain about losing my job--I know Indiana is an employment-at-will state. I don't want them conveniently using me as a position filler.
    Junior Member
    Last edited by nafsalzak; 01-21-2021, 07:39 PM.
The forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.