This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania Hostile Work Environment/Danger to Unborn Child

Ok this is going to be a long one. Also, hard to explain what I do. I catch veneer at a plant, and I have an L shaped pan that I use to keep the veneer even and straight. For 2 nights last week my catching partner was being an ***. Just in a general pissy mood. He knows I'm pregnant.
    Anyway, the second night (Tues) he went to put a sheet in the pan that hadn't made it (you can pull back sheets on top of it and move them all back into correct position). Anyway, he pulled back pretty far and full force slammed it into the metal pan, sending me back 3-4 inches. The pan of course was sitting right above my pubic bone, and iI was leaning into it a bit. (That takes a LOT of force, normally you don't move AT ALL, or at the most a half inch for a difficult one).
    I had an appt with the OB's Nurse Practitioner that Weds. morning. I reported to her what happened, and that my cramping did increase a bit, and i felt tender down there. She said to watch for bleeding and address it with my Supervisor. I told her he would do nothing. Which I was right. When I told him about it, he responded by saying "I had to get you safety glasses last week, gloves this week. I wish I could go one day without having to get somebody something or dealing with other peoples problems!" And refused to listen any further, even though I informed him it was at the OB's behest that I spoke with him.
    I didn't even get a chance to tell him that my partner and i got into an arguement the same night as the indedent about my "bad attitude" (no I was fine lol), and I told him if he ever did that again I would cold **** him. He said he didn't do it hard, and I informed him he did. He said "Well I can do it hard if you want me to! I'll show you hard!" I told him that I would definitely cold **** him. He was like "And lose your job?" I point blank told him I didn't care.
    Anyway Friday morning I had a meeting with the head of HR, told him what happened and that I wanted first shift. And that if my boss found out I went to him, it would be hell for me. I did it once before and he went off on me and told me he'd fire me if I ever did it again.
    Anyway, HR said not to go to work tonight, and they would call me Mon. AM, because "they want all sides of the story, not the I'm lying or anything". I'm worried. I can't lose this job, it has benefits.... UGGGHH!

Das ist in der Doktor!

Here is the definition of a hostel work environment:
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-ho...nvironment.htm

and, here's one for at will employment and wrongful termination should that cross your mind next as well,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will_employment
    and,
    http://employeeissues.com/wrongful_termination.htm

The only hostel work environment I see is the one of your own making.
    redsonja84, I didn't even get a chance to tell him that my partner and i got into an arguement the same night as the indedent about my "bad attitude" (no I was fine lol), and I told him if he ever did that again I would cold **** him. He said he didn't do it hard, and I informed him he did. He said "Well I can do it hard if you want me to! I'll show you hard!" I told him that I would definitely cold **** him. He was like "And lose your job?" I point blank told him I didn't care.
    I'm worried. I can't lose this job, it has benefits.... UGGGHH!
    Worried about losing your job?
    Considering Pennsylvania is an at will employment State,
    you should be..
    BTW, the nickname redsonja84 explains a lot more than you probably intended.... Good Luck with HR..
    ..___________________
    ~ We’re sorry, but the position of God has been filled. There is however a job for an @sshole.
    I applied for the job but was turned down,
    …over qualified.
    drruthless
    Last edited by drruthless; 04-16-2012, 05:19 AM.

Comment

Right now all you can do is wait for HR to get back to you.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Your co-worker being a world class jerk does not create a hostile work environment under the law, nor does your supervisor being completely ineffective and failing to address your co-worker's agressive behavior. Too bad you got into an argument with this guy and threatened to assault him - that doesn't exactly put you in a good light. In fact it's possible that you could end up being terminated because of it.

All you can do at this point is wait for HR to look into the situation and decide what action they want to take (if any) with your co-worker and perhaps with you.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
        Working...
        X