X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbg View Post
    Two wrongs don't make a right.
    Agree. Norska, you didn't pay taxes to the IRS either.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I love this: someone breaks the law, working under the table and evading federal and state income taxes, and then wants some legal protection for when she loses the job. You are not entitled to Unemployment, nor to severance pay.

Next thing you know, unemployed car theives and drug dealers laid off for lack of work or underperforming will be applying for UI! Well, this is California, so I would not be surprised.

Also, this is posted in the "Discrimination" section, and I don't know why. And before you get too excited, "tax evader" is not a protected class.

Comment

Originally posted by Norska View Post
        Yeah, that is what I figured, but if she does not want me to turn her in to the IRS then it just may be in her best interest
        If you turn her in to the IRS, you will be in at least as much trouble as she will be. You not filing and paying taxes is actually a bigger crime than her not doing the withholding thing.

Comment

You were paid cash under the table and did not report taxes.

Your employer paid you cash under the table and did not withhold taxes or provide a W2, 1099, etc...

You are both wrong in this case. If you report your employer, the only way to prove it is to report yourself.

Not sure how much help the board can give you because most folks who respond aren't in the business of giving advice on how to break the law.

Comment

Kudos, TS. I don't think there is a way to say it better.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
            Working...
            X