This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'L Ron Hubbard and Craigslist employment ads/dentists'‏ Part 2 New Jersey

Well............... so I got my first "monetary examiner" call today from unemployment. I have to spend two hours in the "how to design your resume and apply for a job seminar" tomorrow and then I wait for the final verdict phone call on Thursday to see if I am eligible to collect unemployment.
    I know that my fellow employee that was fired two weeks prior to me is collecting, but I am very nervous. I am a single mom, no jobs are in my area, I have a car that has 206,000 miles on it so I can't really travel far for employment. I am nervous. No, I am scared. I am praying that I can collect the 60% of my average wages for unemployment until I can find a job. This whole experience with L Ron Hubbard management and the false pretenses of which I was hired have me feeling all the emotions from angry to sad to scared and back around. This should not be legal and there should be recourse for employees as myself and others. I will update tomorrow and more importantly for me on Thursday. I had to spend a great part of my income tax refund on my car (a 1995 Dodge Intrepid) because I NEED my car for any employment that I may hope to get. What has this world become?
    *** This thread started because prior thread locked***
    TBC
    Last edited by imat98; 02-16-2010, 07:44 PM.

You should do fine.

If I had an opening, I would hire you. (I also hate dentists!) But I have a 1 hour drive to work myself.

Perhaps you should have bought a four wheel drive. How is the snow there? I only have a couple of inches left in Missouri.

Comment

Originally posted by GotSmart View Post
      You should do fine.

If I had an opening, I would hire you. (I also hate dentists!) But I have a 1 hour drive to work myself.

Perhaps you should have bought a four wheel drive. How is the snow there? I only have a couple of inches left in Missouri.

Thanks so much! It is so refreshing to be acknowledged these days. Snow is awful! more than we've ever had! Several inches or feet left in icky snow banks here.
      I love my old girl jalopy 1995 Dodge Intrepid and she has 206 grand miles on her and is FREEEEEEEEE (given to me by my mom thank God).
      If I could afford food I'd buy it, if I could afford a better all terrain vehicle I'd buy it..........one step at a time. I am looking at a possibility of $260.00 a week unemployment and praying that comes to fruition! Not enough to pay my bills, but who needs internet, phone and cable anyway...........sooooooooo overrated! LOL

Comment

I agree with GotSmart, you'll do fine. I am glad (although I know it's a pain) that the state is having people go through classes such as this one to ensure people have the right skills to find another job.
        Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Originally posted by CatBert View Post
          I agree with GotSmart, you'll do fine. I am glad (although I know it's a pain) that the state is having people go through classes such as this one to ensure people have the right skills to find another job.
          Well Cat, I don't mind the classes (what else do I have to do?). All teaching is good learning...........right? I have an excellent resume and Microsoft office skills that put most to shame. This isn't an area that cares about or respects computer skills. I will most likely end up cleaning rooms in a hotel/motel for "the season" and go back on unemployment in the fall/winter. I would rather work, but this is a tourist type area and with my old car I can not take the chance of traveling far for work so I will deal with the job situation at hand. If there were real shovel ready jobs I would at my 47 year old female self pick up a **** shovel and start shoveling, but.....................
          Thanks again, I will keep all updated!
          Deb
          Edited because I am 48 NOT 47 and I will be 49 this year! OY! Not good......................
          Last edited by imat98; 02-16-2010, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by imat98 View Post
            Edited because I am 48 NOT 47 and I will be 49 this year! OY! Not good......................
            But think of all the experience you have. (hope you get to use it)

Good luck to you.
            Last edited by Betty3; 02-16-2010, 08:23 PM.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

WHEEEL, at 50 I am going for my masters degree. I have internet, because I am in online classes. Other than that, I am doing what I can (which is working at a care facility) because I am basically disabled. No TV, one cell line, and a truck as old as your car.

We will survive, because we are Americans and help each other out. We have done it for longer than this country has been around.

There is a possibility of you getting on a program (through unemployment) to go back to college. You might ask about it. More education is better. Then when the jobs break loose, you are ready at the head of the pack.

Good luck,

John

Comment

Update

Ok so as promised I am updating this horrendous experience of mine.
                Feb 16th - Tues, monetary interview phone call.
                Feb 17th - Wed, two hour reemployment service orientation.
                Feb 18th - Thurs, claims examiner interview.

On Thursday I received a call from the claims examiner to give my side of why I was fired. I told the examiner that the Dr. told me that I was "not trainable".
                I told her that he never indicated to me at the end of my 90 day probation that there was any problem and that he fired me two months after that probation had ended, very suddenly.
                She asked me if I were ever written up for anything while at work. I told her no, but that the Dr was instilling a policy that would include first a verbal warning, then a written warning and then possible termination but that he had not yet set that in place.
                She said she would call the Dr. and that if there was a discrepancy of any kind she would call me back on Friday for a rebuttal.

Feb 19th - Fri, claims examiner calls back for a rebuttal.

The Dr. told her that I walked away from him while he was instructing me on how to do paperwork, that I ALWAYS put in the wrong billing codes and that I ALWAYS put the answering machine on the wrong message.

At that point I got choked up and started to cry a little. Those were out and lies and exaggerations! I explained that I have been working for 34 years and that I have been in many offices and that I have much better job integrity than to just walk away from my boss while he was instructing me.
                I told her that he actually had bought a plane ticket for me and reserved a room for that very day that he fired me and that I was doing everything he had asked even though it was not clarified at my original interview.
                She asked him why he didn't fire me in that 90 day probation period and he told her it was because he had hoped I would improve and that I had a young child to care for.
                I told her that when he told me at my 90 day anniversary that he required me to travel to Florida every month for a year and I told him that would be impossible because I had a young son he threatened to terminate me at that point.
                This man is now trying to block my unemployment. I am scared. I am sickened. I am amazed that this kind of treatment can go on in a workplace.
                I will not find out for another week what the examiners determination will be.

Comment

Listen, stick to it, don't give up! Employers are often going to try to disqualify an employee from UI benefits.

The best thing you can do is follow the state's requests of you without fail! Keep documentation of everything that is going on, and be prepared to appeal a decision that is not in your favor.

I have been on both sides of this situation. It is hard on all parties, the state can typically see through lies and deceit.

Also remember that the situation is based on the actions and wrongdoings that took place while with this employer, typically testifying about what you used to do at other jobs is irrelevant.

I hope that you'll keep us posted. Good luck with this.
                  Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

I do plan to appeal if the determination is denied benefits.
                    And in the meantime, I continue to look for employment.
                    I wish that I could afford a lawyer because I feel that I may not be able to represent myself well enough to beat this guy.
                    As I understand it, I won't be able to collect if they determine misconduct (failure to follow instruction or company policy).
                    Basically its my word against his and he will never mention the L Ron Hubbard course work or the MGE management that called him the day before to tell him to fire me and I have no real way to prove that.
                    My question is, does anyone know if I am denied will I be able to collect after five weeks with the penalty being loss of payment for the previous five weeks?
                    Many people here think that I would be able to collect after five weeks but would not get the loss of weeks back, but that is just rumor I think.

Comment

I do plan to appeal if the determination is denied benefits.
                      And in the meantime, I continue to look for employment.
                      I wish that I could afford a lawyer because I feel that I may not be able to represent myself well enough to beat this guy.
                      As I understand it, I won't be able to collect if they determine misconduct (failure to follow instruction or company policy).
                      Basically its my word against his and he will never mention the L Ron Hubbard course work or the MGE management that called him the day before to tell him to fire me and I have no real way to prove that.
                      My question is, does anyone know if I am denied will I be able to collect after five weeks with the penalty being loss of payment for the previous five weeks?
                      Many people here think that I would be able to collect after five weeks but would not get the loss of weeks back, but that is just rumor I think.
                      Stay strong, although not easy. I am not in your state, therefore I can only speak for the state I live in, and the policy here is that while "under investigation or appeal" the claimant needs to continue to report to the state weekly. Any week that the claimant does NOT report is not paid.

As I stated I have been on both sides of this situation. When I was let go from an employer I filed and it was contested. It took me five months to get my unemployment benefits paid to me, by that time I had found employment elsewhere, but the state did pay me retroactivily (spelling?).

I know this is not what you want to hear, five months is insane, that is why I ultimately had to take the first thing that came up and then moved onto another position that was better suited for me.

Stay strong. Stay strong. Stay strong. Stay strong. I know it's not easy.

Comment

I stayed strong! Thanks to all of you and your advice. I managed to get through 3 unemployment rebuttal calls and..............I got my first check yesterday!
                        I continue to look for suitable employment and take with me very valuable lessons learned! thanks all!

Comment

Yay, You!!!!!!

Congratulations.
                          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I stayed strong! Thanks to all of you and your advice. I managed to get through 3 unemployment rebuttal calls and..............I got my first check yesterday!
                            Oh, such good news!! No more rebuttal calls, and you can put this all behind you - what a fantastic feeling! Best of luck to you in your job hunt.
                            Don't feed the trolls.

Comment

Way to go - good luck re your job search!
                              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                              Working...
                              X