X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• discrimination ? or constructive dismissal

INFORMATION
    ontario canada employer
    this would be a canadian human rights case not an ontario human rights as i cross the border everyday. I am currently off and have opended a WSIB form to document, only and dont know if i should file due to the law issues regarding WSIB and am also concitering a constructive dismissal. I cant seem to find a lawyer who will take on my case as this has happined before and i have it documented and also have recordings from a pervious time when he swore at me many times over even after asking him not to speek to me that way. this is a ongoing thing and i am suffering emotionally and other ways not ready to tell everyone here. please help i am in ontario and need lagit ontario information but all info is welcome thank you .
    read below for incodent details.

On the 27 of October I was crossing the Ambassador bridge crossing into the states as per my employment. I paid my toll at the bridge and the lady in the booth made a mistake and hit the wrong button that printed the receipt, I pulled forward as per rules at the bridge and noticed the mistake. I called her at 6:15pm on the date in question and let her know of the mistake and she noted the mistake. I called her back around 6:17 pm to tell her that the time indicated on the receipt was also wrong after having more time to view the receipt. She indicated that she would write down the things that I had told her and did so and notified him boss 2, of the discrepencies on the receipt. When I returned on October 28/2009 to my home office in town Ontario , boss 1, boss 2 her and dispatch were in the office. I walked up to boss 2's desk and showed boss 2 the receipt and asked if he was notified by her of what had happened the day before. He responded "yes"! and "i have a problem with that". I said to boss 2 that I called in and told her about the ticket and he said , "but here is the problem with that". I told boss 2 at this point that I did not want to get into a big confrontation about what had happened, as I have done my job in full and called her two times and reported the error, He stood up and said " I cant even talk to you any more you ****ing Fat Son Of A *****" and then started toward me after leaving behind his desk. I stepped back and asked him to repeat what he just said as he was walking toward me, he then proceeded toward me closer and I stood back against the wall, he ended up walking past me and slamming the main office door, while boss 1 just waved me off and laughed at his reaction, a few seconds later boss 2 walked back into the office , toward his desk, and grabbed his coat. He stated to boss 1 that "if you <boss 1 > needed him <boss 2> at all he would be in his truck tomorrow. He walked out the main office door again and slammed it and boss 1 had the same prior reaction. I stayed and talked to boss 1 after the incident, and told him that that was uncalled for , and that what he commented to me just brought things to a whole new level, as he knew of a pervious reaction boss 2 had toward me in a pervious meeting. I then proceeded to leave as I started to cry in front of three witnesses, and then went home. I did another run to Crossville Tennesee on the 29 and 30th of October. On the 29th before leaving for Crossville I stopped at the office as required before leaving the yard , to get paperwork and toll money, boss 2 was sitting at his desk, I said hello to everyone to dispatch , boss 2 and her as these were the people present in the office this time. Picked up my paperwork and left the office. I let things calm down for the weekend and called in sick on Monday morning the 2nd of November 2009. I stated that I was upset mostly about the previous incident and asked boss 1 if he had time to talk about it, he stated that he did have time, and then asked if i would rather meet in person. I said sure. He said he would call me before 4pm on this day as I stated I had an office appointment with the doctor at 415pm on November 2, 2009. I waited home all day and never did receive a call from anyone at my company. On the 3/11/2009 I waited all day for a call and it never came so i proceeded with my doctors note at 5.15pm into the office in town Ontario. Three people were present again, boss 1 , dispatch and her. I stood beside boss 1's desk and waited to be acknowledged. He told me that he just got to busy yesterday, and he was sorry he never made it out. I asked if he had time to talk about what had happened on the 28th of October and he said yes. The conversation was recorded and is also available .

I don't know if you will get any help here since this is a US law forum & your employer is in Canada. You probably need to continue to see if you can find a lawyer in Canada to help you.
    Last edited by Betty3; 11-23-2009, 10:40 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
    Working...
    X