X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Harrassment California

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, but here goes:
    I need to report this harrassment to someone other than our main office, cause they are not listening to us.
    There are 2 women that work here (myself and another) Our boss is a man and he has no respect for us. The way he talks to us is so disrespectful and he has no compassion for the other Woman here, (she is new and doing her best to do her job and he is so bad to her.
    My question is: What legal stand do we have to get him out of here? And how do we do it without loosing our jobs?

The boss being a jerk is not illegal, nor does he need to have compassion for a new hire who is struggling to learn the job. He can be nasty to the two of you in spite of your gender, just not because of it. What evidence do you have to demonstate that your gender is the issue? Is he universally nice and patient with all the male employees?

What legal stand do we have to get him out of here? None. Even if he is treating you and your co-worker badly because of your gender, the employer's only responsibility is to make it stop. They are not required to fire the boss.

Comment

Can we report him?

Can we report him to the Divison of Labor Standard Enforsement Hotline?

Comment

The DLSE has nothing to do with discrimination issues.

Unless you can answer Beth3's question regarding evidence in the affirmative, there is nothing to report to any regulatory authority.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Who does? What can we do?

Comment

Ok, let me try one more time.

What evidence do you have to demonstate that your gender is the issue?
            Unless you have some, nothing illegal has occurred.
            I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

The only thing we have is the way he talks to us. There are no other men that work here. Two other women left because of him. Please don't get upset with me, pattymd, for asking these questions. I thought I would just ask.
              Thanks

Comment

We're just trying to tell you there is nothing illegal with your boss being a "jerk" so to speak unless gender (or some other protected characteristic) is the only reason for being singled out. I don't really see a case for illegal discrimination/harassment. It's not illegal for the way he talks to you & he doesn't have to show compassion. Your choices are to stay & endure it or look for other employment. Sorry.
                Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The LaborLawTalk.com forum is intended for informational use only and should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for legal advice. The information contained on LaborLawTalk.com are opinions and suggestions of members and is not a representation of the opinions of LaborLawTalk.com. LaborLawTalk.com does not warrant or vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any postings or the qualifications of any person responding. Please consult a legal expert or seek the services of an attorney in your area for more accuracy on your specific situation.
                Working...
                X